Watercolor Classes for Children and Adults
Beginner and Intermediate Level Classes
All Classes are In-Studio and Live Zoom
Watercolor Painting Lessons:
Rose Reilly Leonard is a local professional watercolor artist whose studio is located off of Princeton Avenue in
Brick NJ, overlooking the scenic Metedeconk River. The studio is located on the border of Monmouth and
Ocean Counties. She has 30 years of professional experience in teaching fine art.
All watercolor classes are offered in small groups to allow for individual attention, step by step instruction,
and frequent demonstrations for all watercolor techniques. Please see the
current class schedule
to join an existing on-going class, or schedule your
own group or class at your venue. Or contact
Rose to arrange for private lessons in your home.
In-Studio and OnLine Watercolor Classes:
All watercolor classes are held in-studio and also online, taught simultaneously. No matter where you are located, you can be a part of an actual live watercolor class, just as if you were in-studio. Personal attention, critiques, advice, and guidance while you paint, not after the fact. **Love this Technology** It's really just like being in the room together!
Small Classes Offer:
- Step by step technical instruction.
- Age appropriate curriculum in a relaxed atmosphere, ensuring that students will develop proper technique and
- Conveniently scheduled two hour class sessions provide substantial time for
- Small class size guarantees individual attention, moving at a pace according to students personal abilities and skills.
This enables them to be given the artistic tools they will need to continue art for the rest of their lives.
- Students are amazed at the work they produce and are excited to exhibit at
our annual student art show.
About the Curriculum:
- Drawing Fundamentals - Learn to draw with and without a grid
- Composition, Perspective and Value - The components of creating a successful painting
- Understanding Color and its ability to blend and compliment, and how to emphasize with contrasts.
- Work with various watercolor techniques including wet on wet and dry brushing; on varied surfaces, such as cold press, hot press, illustration board, masa paper, and yupo - and achieve incredible effects.
Two of Rose's paintings, "Caitlin's Pickles" and "Summer Harvest", were accepted into the
Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club *
116th and 118th Annual Open Juried Exhibition
National Arts Club
Gramercy Park, NY
*The Catharine Lorillard Wolfe Art Club is a national organization whose aim is to promote and advance the work of professional women artists.
About the Director:
Rose Reilly Leonard is a member of the New Jersey Watercolor Society, the Monmouth County Guild of Creative Art,
the Manasquan River Artists Group, and the Northern Regional Cultural Council.
She continues to develop and share her lifelong appreciation of the arts. Rose has studied painting and other art mediums for more than
40 years, specializing in watercolor. She is a dedicated teacher and has more than
30 years of teaching experience.